How To Build Backlinks To Your Site
03/23/2019 12:00 AM
There are many people who want to make their website rank higher so that they get to have good amount of audience. But before knowing how to build backlinks, you need to know what a backlink is. A backlink is the one that is created when an external website links with your website. This is the reason that many people call these as external backlinks. These backlinks are actually a big piece of the puzzle of getting yoursite ranked. Before you get yourself into the heavy link building strategy, you need to be sure that your website is ready for the backlinks. But there is an ugly truth about the link acquisition that you need to know and that is – it is pretty costly and also time consuming. To solve these two issues, you need to learn to get most out of the backlink and here are some ways in which you can accomplish the goal:
- You need to have a website that is technically optimized.
- You need to have a really strong architecture of the website.
- The content on the website that you have needs to be valuable.
Here are five rules that must be followed for quality backlinks and these are:
- Keep it relevant:The most important criteria for any effective link acquisition is the relevancy. There are three things on which Google bases its relevancy and these are:
- The general content theme of the domain that is linking.
- The content present on the page that has been linked.
- The relevancy of the backlinks that are hitting the domain.
- Let authority sites to be your friend: There is a simple logic and that is, the stronger the site, the better the results. Google does not update the Page Rank anymore and that’s why you need to rely on some third part metrics and none of these tools are perfect. For getting your job done, they can work and the best link analysis tools that can be used are Majestic, Ahrefs, and Open Site Explorer.
- Focus on the sits that are real and have real traffic:If you get backlinks from those sites which have real traffic, you can simply solidify your tier one. It is really difficult for a person to get these backlinks but are very rewarding.
- Distribute the anchor text smartly: If you think that you can distribute the anchor text of your backlinks just like that, think again because it can hurt you. If you do wrong text distribution, it will simply inhibit your website directly from getting ranked. And yes, aggressive anchor text can actually get you in trouble and land a penalty. So, keep your exact match anchor text below the percent of 1.
- Let the backlinks be in clean neighborhood: You need to focus on getting the backlinks from those sites that already have high standards. Examine everything of the website and ask these questions to yourself like are the outbound links relevant, what are the sites linking out to, and are the outbound links going to be on the trusted and respected sites? If you get to see ‘gambling’ or ‘viagra’ or something like that on the sites, prefer to avoid those websites.
Now, how can you build foundational backlinks? But what are foundational backlinks? These are the backlinks that helps in improving the TrustRank of your website. The reason is that if your site is more trustworthy, it will perform better in the search engine results. These backlinks actually create a layer of trust around the site and this is because your site will have branded and unoptimized backlinks present on the authority sites. Well, you should use the branded anchors or the naked links for the foundational backlinks.
First of all, secure all the social media properties. Your business needs to have Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ (Personal and Business), Instagram, and LinkedIn (Personal and Business). You do not have to market on all the platforms actively, but it will not hurt much. There is one platform that can get traffic and engagement to your website. So, make one platform your zone and get the engagement. Choose the one that works just perfect for your business. Make these accounts pretty popular and then share content so that you have a base at least.
BUSINESS LISTINGS OR CITATIONS
Google uses the business listings pretty much that it has become a part of the algorithm of local search. This is enough for you to use it for any SEO campaign and the cool part about these listings is that 50% of these give you unoptimized and dofollow link. These are one of the perfect ways to build a trust foundation. Google actually trusts these platforms and is aware that all the businesses will use these.
There are many directories that are worthless but there are some which are importsnt. The niche targeted directories actually offer dofollow and relevant links. You can use some search strings to fins these niche directories:
NICHE + directory, NICHE directories, NICHE + “submit site”
NICHE RELEVANT BLOG COMMENTS
There are many SEOs who prefer to skip out on these but do not neglect these. The niche relevant blog comments that can be done for:
- Creating relevancy around the site.
- Diversifying the anchors in a way that’s meaningful.
- Improving to the ratio of nofollow and dofollow backlinks.
- Getting small amounts of traffic that’s relevant.
- Building a relationship with the bloggers so that you could ask for backlinks in the future.
You have to comment in a meaningful way and give a value so that genuine audience actually lands to your website.
NICHE RELATED FORUM BACKLINKS
If you are planning to participate in some industry forums, it is excellent because it can help you in building brand recognition. If you do it right, you can actually drive some relevant referral traffic. There are forums that actually allow in signature backlinks but many are there who still allow the profile backlinks. The profile backlinks are actually valuable as they are dofollow and relevant in most of the cases. Here are some things that you must do so that you get more out of the forums:
- Prospect for the relevant forums:You can use the search strings like (a) forum + NICHE, (b) NICHE + forum, in Google so that you can find some relevant forums.
- Take time for filling out your profile:Since the link you will have is going to be a naked link, you need co-occurrence, which is when the target keywords of your website is pretty close to your link. Write a profile description that is legitimate and make sure to put your main keyword smartly.
- Understand the forum etiquette: Every forum is different and it has different ways of getting operated which you need to learn. Scan through the forums and check whether the members can share the links in the thread or not.
- Increase the count of posts and add friends: The trust on a forum can be built when you have more posts or friends and more connections can simply send more internal links to your profile page. This will simply help in building the profile page authority.
- Start a thread: For building credibility on any forum, starting well thought out treads is a great way. It can simply help in increasing amount of internal links that can hit your profile page. Plus, you can be a part of the forum community and the members will trust you more. If you get a good reputation on any forum, your shared content will not get flamed or banned.
These are the things that can be done for getting foundational backlinks and this will gradually help your website in ranking higher on the search results.